Monday, April 1, 2013

A Lesson in Impact


Rachel Danielle P.

Nicole has a heart like a Colorado sky. She daily inspires me.
 
I never skip a chance to eat out. Really. When you've lived on a budget for as long as I have? Restaurants are a place of supreme bliss.

 
Recently, it was our fellow abolitionist Rachelle's birthday (Happy 21 years, lovely Rachelle!) and the family went out to celebrate. Nicole said to me over the phone, "But all I could think about was those girls. All I could think of was how $8 to eat could mean everything to someone else."

So she convinced her mom to donate the money that she would have spent on dinner to her Restore Jar.

Nicole said this as a side note, and kept talking, but I lingered over the words, stricken. There were tears in my eyes.

Really. Do we ever think about how our tiniest sacrifices could mean the world to somebody else?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment